Friday, April 23, 2010

Rainy day - quilting day

Wow, what a rainy day! Wow, what a day to quilt.! Actually, my husband was hoping for a little rain and hoping we aren't going to get the storms as predicted. I spent Monday in the tractor "helping" my husband. He told me what I did looked good from the road. Of course I laughed to myself and thought of us quilters as we say our quilts look good from a galloping horse! My mother-in-law asked me if I enjoyed being out in the open air. Truthfully, I told her, "No, I don't really enjoy it." I am really an indoors kind of gal. I appreciate looking at beautiful gardens, but I don't really want to have one. Isn't it wonderful that God made us all different? I LOVE to do applique, some don't like it at all! I love the "h" word - "hand-work" - and Beth prefers to do everything with her machine. I love to look at diamond quilts with all of the set in seams, but have no desire to try one. Some like a challenging quilt, others like to do simple quilts. I prefer the simple quilts. I like the mindless-brainless ones that I can talk to my friends while making them. Imagine that!!! And, I especially love giving them to people who don't quilt. They are impressed with anything! And if you love giving things, don't forget about our pillowcase challenge. The girls who stayed in our retreat center last weekend made us a boatload of pillowcases to take to Freedom House! They were so inspiring for us. They found if they purchased a yard each of two different fabrics in the clearance section, they could get two pillowcases. You should see the beautiful pillowcases they came up with. Marianne (the lady who takes the pillowcases to Freedom House) told me the kids get so excited when they see a cool pillowcase on their bed. She said it is even more exciting when she tells them they get to take it with them when they leave! Well, just in case you have nothing to do on this rainy day, think about making a donation of a pillowcase for someone who would really appreciate it!

TTFN,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment