Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving Day





Things are underway for Sassy Sisters, our women's clothing store! Beth and I spent a day in Chicago looking for fixtures. We were very lucky to have found just what we wanted. We had to get the fixtures last week so we motored up to Joliet to get them. To make a long story short, we ended up taking my husband's livestock trailer and it worked perfect! Thank God we both married a Country Boy! Isn't that how the song goes? Due to the wonderful rain we kept having, Marty had a tarp that fit from one side of the trailer to the other side. I told him our boys would have been so proud of him by the way he had everything tied up with twine in his "Boy Scout" knots! Of course we kind of looked like the Beverly Hillbillies heading to town, but it worked! Even our ol' diesel with 300,000 miles made it. Beth had to have a little help from Cary to get into it as her legs aren't quite as long as mine. As you can see, the fixtures were all tied up and we didn't have one scratch on anything. You can see in the pictures Beth, Cary and Marty working and I was supervising and giving orders. Thank goodness Cary and Beth have room at their farm to store everything until we are ready to bring it all to town! Well, lots to do before we leave for market so better get back at it.

TTFN,
Carol

P.S. Oh, I had the greatest day! My college friend, Sally Lessen, visited the store while she was on Easter break from teaching. We had a blast. Marty said he wished he could have been there so he could have tried to get one word in! -

P.S.S. Just had to put in my new picture of Brayden with my parents on Easter. Marty calls me "kissy koo!" I just can't quit kissing those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment