Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!! As I sit here tonight I have to admit that this season I have been thinking how Mary must have felt when she found out she would be having the Son of God. After watching the Miracle of Christmas in Branson, I have to say that seeing Mary so excited when she found out the news was quite a different perspective for me. Can you imagine what she felt and having to tell Joseph and her family? Wow, it is hard for me to comprehend! - My gifts are all wrapped and ready to go. I finished everything yesterday so today I focused on cooking. Things didn't start out so well. I make a recipe for mashed potatoes that takes sour cream and cream cheese. It is a great recipe as it can be made the day ahead. Anyway, I made the lumpiest potatoes I have ever made. I called my sister, Kathy, to tell her she would be making them next year, but she said she knows they will be just fine! Anything to get out of making the potatoes! Then I am making the strawberry pretzel salad. I forgot to add the sugar with the pretzels and butter. Let me tell you, it doesn't work without the sugar! I went to put the second layer on the pretzels and the pretzels were like powder. I dumped that in the garbage and started over. Luckily I had pretzel rods from cookie baking and used them instead of the small pretzels. I'll let you know how they turned out! Well, I need to grab my knitting and watch "White Christmas." That is one of my very favorite movies and I love the song, "Count Your Blessings." On this Christmas Eve I count my blessings for all of you and I thank God for the greatest gift that he gave me - JESUS!!! Have a Blessed Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment