Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 already???

I just had breakfast with my girlfriends this morning and we were remembering the hype about the year 2000. Remember when we didn't know what would happen to the computers when they switched over, we bought generators, and we purchased water and toilet paper just in case? It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago. Where does the time go? And, when I am talking about 2000 that reminds me that Quilter's Garden has been in business for almost 10 years. Wow!!! How lucky Beth and I have been to meet so many wonderful people. Elizabeth Geuther was in the store today with her mom, Jan, and we were wondering how she grew so much. She was just 3 years old when she started accompanying her mom to the quilt store and now she is almost 6 foot!!! - With the new year, I have been cleaning at home and we have been cleaning BIG TIMES at the store. Don't forget about our sale next week. It will start Wednesday, Jan. 6th- 10-5, Thursday , Jan 7th - 10-7, and Friday, Jan 8th - 10-5. 25% off of fabric, yarn, notions, patterns and books. (1 yard minimum purchase) Bring in women's toiletries for the Food Pantry and get an extra 5% off your purchase. Items excluded are kits, Accu-quilt items and batting. We will be closed on Saturday, Jan. 9th and the following Mon-Wed (11th, 12th and 13th) for vacation. - Well, I must close as I am off to have supper at Kenyon's in Lacon with my son, Chad and his fiance, Sarah. Corn fritters here I come!!!

TTFN
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment