Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

It's been a few weeks since we posted so I thought I would type away. I have been home today, which is unusual. Marty is trying to combine so the best thing I can do is stay at home! Needless to say, it is not going the greatest. As many of you know, his combine burned up so we made a trip to Indianapolis last weekend to look at a different combine. (The one that burned was our oldest one, so at least we have another one.) His combine was old enough to vote, but he had the same sentiments about it that I have about my 930 Bernina. Anyway, I got a lot of sewing done traveling in the van. I am working on an applique project by Buggy Barn and using Beth Ferrier's applique paper. It is awesome. I can't wait to get back to it. You will have to check it out at the store in a few weeks. While the guys were checking over the combine for 3 hours, (that's what happens when you send your son to diesel mechanics school) Lizzie and I watched a movie - Bringing Up Sarah Cain -and I just cut and glued away. What did we ever do without DVD players in our vehicles? I would highly recommend this movie. We also watched The Christmas Blessing. It was a tear jerker, but a good one too. I have to put my applique aside as we are getting ready for our retreat. We will be unveiling 3 new tumbler table runners. We have one all ready to be quilted and have the other two ready to put on the appliques. They are pretty cute, if I don't say so myself! - Well, I have been on a milk buying binge lately and was trying to think what I can make to use some of it up. (It is one of those things that I think I am probably out of milk, so I pick up a jug! AARGH!) I am going to make some sugar cookies like my Grandma Gibbs used to make. Grandma put pecans on the top of hers and ALWAYS had a tupperware bowl full of them on the top of her refrigerator. I just love thinking about those wonderful memories. I can almost feel them melting in my mouth. Off to the kitchen.........

TTFN,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment