Friday, October 16, 2009

Sew Day

Today is our sew day and the word for the day has been colonoscopy. I know you are all wondering what the word colonoscopy has to do with quilting??? Well actually it has nothing to do with quilting; however, there has been lots of laughing going on and that is what quilting is all about - laughing, comradery, fellowship AND if you get some sewing done while spending time together then that is a bonus! One of the ladies who had a colonoscopy recently said she had prepped for the procedure and followed the directions her doctor had given her. Of course the directions say you are not to eat anything after midnight. Her son picked her up at her house early in the morning and had stopped to get himself a breakfast pizza at Casey's. Was she hungry? You bet!! As he was sitting in the hospital enjoying his breakfast, our friend said to the nurse, "What do you do with a son like this?" She said, "Easy, take him out of your will!" - Along with all of the fun, I have actually gotten some sewing done. At market, we purchased 13 bolts of Shannon fabric. You can go to shannonfabrics.com and look up cuddle. It is the softest and smoothest fabric you will ever feel. Beth and I have lots of projects planned for it and I already have one finished. Of course I can't tell you what it is until the pattern is done, but it has something to do with what we have been talking about in previous blogs. Yes, you are right. It is a book cover. Are you thinking Christmas presents? I know we sure are! Well, I'm sitting back here in the office and I just saw Beth throw her hands up in the air and twirl around in the class room so I better go and see what I missed!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment