Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why is it when you want to take a baked good to a special outing it never turns out as good as if you were making it for your family? AARGH!! I was making ice cream cone cupcakes to take somewhere and as I was baking them, I looked in the oven and noticed they were over flowing!!! I didn't have time or supplies to make them again so after I took them out of the oven, I peeled away the cake from the side of the cones. I then frosted them and had these really cool Halloween decorations to put on the top. You know what? They didn't look too bad when I was all done. We see this all of the time in the quilt shop. Not with food, of course, but with quilts. So many times, a quilt top gets put together and then as you are looking it over, you see a big mistake. I figure there are 6 things you can do. #1. Live with it. If it doesn't bother you that much, then let it go! #2. Embellish it. Can you put an applique over it? #3. Rip it out and redo it. #4. Declare it an Amish quilt. Only God is perfect. #5. Don't tell anyone there is a mistake. Nine times out of ten no one will even be able to see the mistake unless you point it out. #6. Give it to someone who doesn't quilt and they will love it! (This one is my favorite!!!!!!) Remember, quilting should be FUN!!!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! You can apply all of these to knitting too - I suppose any handmade craft.

    ReplyDelete