Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're baaaaaaack! Beth and I are definitely flying on adrenaline today. We got to my house at 12:00 AM which means Beth got home around 12:45 AM. There were storms in Houston and Atlanta so our planes were delayed. It is always fun to meet new people in the airport while we are waiting. I know, Beth and I are so shy that you're wondering how we got the courage to talk to a stranger; but we went out of our boxes! We sat by Janet who is an article writer for the magazine, Sew News. How interesting! We shared a room with Susan Knapp (from the Quilt Branch) and she was also on our flight home. We told her how we had purchased a lot of pre-quilted fabric and wanted her to design a specific bag/purse for us. I don't know about you, but I love a zipper in my purse and those patterns seem to be a little harder to find. While waiting for our plane, she opened her computer and designed as we told her what we liked. SOOOO COOOOOL. Which reminds me, check out our class list as Susan will be doing an EQ6 class for us in November. For those of you who know Susan, you know what a computer guru she is and also a fantastic teacher.
Oh, the neatest thing happened on the plane. My friend, Eulonda Gries, made a book cover for me. It is made out of ultra suede and has my initials on the front and back. Anyway, I was reading on the way home and the flight attendant came by and said, "WHERE did you get that book cover?!!!) I told her my friend had made it for me. She said she has been looking for one forever and can't find them. I told her I would contact Eulonda and see if she would make one for her. She headed straight for the galley and came back with her name and e-mail on the back of an airline load requirement paper. (Never seen one of those before.) I called Eulonda immediately this morning and she is going to contact her. So, if you see a flight attendant on Delta with her own monogrammed book cover, you will all know where it came from! Since you all know how I love to read, we purchased paper pieced patterns from A Very Special Collection for checkbook covers and book covers. We will be having a class on these very soon. What great Christmas gifts they will make.
One more great purchase was a pattern to make Spa Therapy Bags. Believe it or not, the shoulder stress suressor and the eye bag are filled with corn! Since Beth and I are both farm wives, that was a "must purchase" pattern. The designer said that corn retains the heat longer than rice. Sounded good to us! Wouldn't that make a great gift for your favorite quilter friend or someone who has shoulder or sinus problems?
Well, must get back to pricing all of the new patterns and books.

TTFN
TaTa For Now

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I have loved reading your blog...you are a natural.

    See you soon, Bobbie from Metamora

    ReplyDelete